BMW i3 comes with an iRemote app to communicate with the car from your smart phone. You can be anywhere in the world and still touch base with your i3 at home. The app has recently been updated to also work with the BMW i8.
The app has a number of smart features such as:
- Reading battery status, range and, if the car is charging, the time it takes to fully charge
- Start heating, either directly or until a specified time
- Check that doors and windows are closed, lights turned off and when it is time for service
- Lock or unlock the car, flash the lights or honk the horn
- Show car location on a map, the way to it (Google maps), how far it can run with current battery status (range ring on map), and where the nearest charging stations can be found
- Read statistics for last and all trips, including power consumed, regenerated power, mileage and mileage since last charge
- Calculate the CO2 savings
In the updated version, BMW has redesigned the statistics functions and added an interactive overview matrix with the most important statistic: power consumed, regenerated power, mileage and mileage since last charge.
Clicking one of the four fields shows a graph underneath the matrix with statistics for all trips since the car was purchased. If the setting to compare with webforum has been activated in the settings an average for other owners of the BMW i3 is shown. Here some really interesting data can be read
- Average fuel consumption amounts to 20.7 kWh / 100 km
- Average maximum mileage amounts to 125 km